Visite guidée : Tunnel Sainte-Marie


Tunnel Sainte-Marie ©PAH


Wars and peace – Organized by Pays d’art et d’histoire.
Proposed by the Association de sauvetage du patrimoine havrais.

This 250 m-long civil structure was dug in 1895 to link the upper and lower towns by a funicular railway and then a tramway. Requisitioned in 1942, it served as an ammunition storage facility for the German army and, during the bombardments, as an anti-aircraft shelter for the civilian population. Reconstructions show how the site looked when Le Havre was liberated in 1944.

Duration: 45 min.


  • Base rate : 2,00€
  • Free :
    (Pour les moins de 10 ans)


Visite guidée : Tunnel Sainte-Marie
17 Rue Pasteur – 76600 LE HAVRE

Tel. 02 35 22 31 22


Online booking

Route & access