The neo-Gothic chapel and its hull-shaped nave refers to the vocation of a place of worship for the sailors of the place.
Silhouette of stone, topped with a roof with two slopes, covered with slate, and facades in freestone, adorned with gargoyles with fish heads.
It was built following a mission preached by Reverend Father Michel in 1854, the inhabitants decided to build a chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin.
The sailors carried the materials for the building on their backs and arms.
On August 6, 1856, it was blessed as a chapel for fishermen and sailors.
The German occupier decided to destroy it in 1942.
It is only after its reconstruction in 1950, that it will be renamed under its current name of “Notre Dame de la Garde” during a blessing made by Monsignor Martin, then Archbishop of Rouen and under the aegis of René Coty, Vice President of the Council of the Republic.