The Aître de Brisgaret is a rare example in France of a medieval cemetery with a gallery that has retained its original vocation.
The site has a gallery-ossuary built in the 16th century which has retained its authentic framework. It is adorned with sculptures and wall decorations representative of macabre art.
At the end is a chapel dated 1602 and an original Gothic cross at the site of the mass grave.
This monumental complex required a major restoration work between November 2012 and June 2014 which revealed the exceptional character of the site.
The visit is enhanced with explanatory panels equipped with a QR code allowing access to the content of the aitre-de-brisgaret.blogspot.com blog.
Openings and schedules
- From 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021 – From 08:30 to 17:00
- Gratuities : – All year round
- School group rate : – All year round4,00€
- Rate for adult group : 4,50€
- Rate for adult group : 90,00€
- Group rate (from 20 people): € 4.50 / person
Group package of less than 20 people: € 90.00
- Postal or bank cheques